[TYPO3] Importing t3d and Templavoila

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Wed Jan 30 02:04:45 CET 2008

Hi All

I just have an total different experience. I import ALL my templavoila stuff
via .t3d and also move it from site to site without any problems.

I totally agree if you are using to export/import .t3d from TemplaVoila from
Sites where you are using different DS NAMINGS for your content elements.

I am using the Naming converntion from webempoweredchurch and meanwhile also
the one from T3Pack.

in Webempoweredchurch you always have a
leftcontent
rightcontent
maincontent
topcontent
bannercontent

In T3Pack it is

sidebar  -  via TS compatible with WEC-leftcontent
utilitycontent - via TS compatible with WEC-rightcontent
maincontent
v-column - via TS compatible with WEC-topcontent
w-column - via TS compatible with WEC-bannercontent

ALL Templates and its Variations of WEC - (meanwhile 7 DS and 120 TOs   )
are using this naming
and dito all DS/TO Variations of T3Pack - (meanwhile 10 DS and 2870 TOs  )
per CSS are using it.

If you are using one of those packages and try to move content via .t3d to
another site with the same namings then there is absolutly no problem. i.e.
if you are using the Andreas Templates from TER - simply RENAME the
Contentelements in DS to the ones in WEC or T3Pack and you could combine it
with them and .t3d would work.

The same proceedure would work if you do it the other way around. Rename a
WEC contentelement NAMING to the one you are using. or ANY contentfieldname
from any other Template you are gonna use. This is not to much work as. i.e.
in WEC i.e. you have one to rename about 7 DS to change ALL available
Templates ;-)

Andi