[TYPO3] Importing t3d and Templavoila

Mikkel Hastrup Datafant AB mikkel.hastrup at datafant.se
Tue Jan 29 13:07:16 CET 2008

Hi all!

I have noticed that when using the 'importing from .t3d' function to
import a page-structure into an existing Typo3-site and not using the
"Force ALL UID values" will generate a problem if the original site is
made using Templavoila - simply because the UID-value might change if it
is already used but the data in pages.tx_templavoila_flex will be
imported 'as is' (the UID's are kept untouched), which most likely will
result in pointing to wrong elements.

Now, I know that this avoidable by importing the data to a clean site
(and use the "Force ALL UID values" function in the import-tool). Also
templavoila is not a standard of Typo3 (although it is widely spread and
used) - but my question is, is there a workaround for this? Or is there
a possibility that the import-tool will include templavoila's
pages.tx_templavoila_flex-field in the translation-process in the
future? I haven't been able to find any extension that handles or solves
this.

Best regards,
Mikkel