[TYPO3] RTE HTMLarea loses p tags

Marlies C marliesc_spam at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:49:01 CET 2008

 > We are having problems with the rte htmlarea on a client's site, it
 > loses the <p> tags upon save. They are there when the content is input,
 > but as soon as it gets saved they disappear.

My guess is that it might be due to the processing functions. See Info
-> root page -> select 'Page TSconfig' from the selectbox" and check
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db and other.

 > On my site, I also have problems with the rte, it will not save font
 > colors.

Yeah, see above. And then make sure that
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.tags.span.fixAttrib.style.unset=1 is
not set. htmlarea inserts colors as a span tag with style attribute. Due
to this setting the style attribute is getting removed.

Also, watch out as there are several branches of the RTE settings:
RTE.default, RTE.FE, RTE.config.tt_content, etc.

Thanks for your answer, that's exactly what we were looking for.

Marlies
www.mcuniverse.com