[TYPO3] access to files only for authenticated frontend users

Günter Hipler guenter.hipler at unibas.ch
Thu Jan 24 10:28:13 CET 2008

Hi Pascal,

thanks for your answer!

The night before yesterday I looked around a little bit more and found
what I have seen in november last year. It was the extension
naw_securedl
(http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/naw_securedl/0.2.5/)

At the first glimpse it looks fine, because you are able to protect file
resources by apache means and the extension has implemented a way to
pass the apache protection.

But it has a great disadvantage: People who accessed a protected file
ressource might persist this link so google is able to put it up in his
index. Looking for naw-secured with google, you will find links like

http://www.et-inf.uni-hannover.de/typo3conf/ext/naw_securedl/secure.php?u=0&file=fileadmin/institut/_temp_/Herbert-Kind-Preis.pdf&t=1200465648&hash=220ec81cf050c7c1e438acf438765b3d
but the direct access is blocked by apache
http://www.et-inf.uni-hannover.de/fileadmin/institut/_temp_/Herbert-Kind-Preis.pdf

For me that's a hole.

I downloaded your recommended extension too and played a little bit
around with it. But I didn't have the clue (perhaps I hadn't enough
time) what's the sense of it. Unfortunately there is no documentation.

Günter