[TYPO3] TYPO3 websites and smartphones

Jill E jillande at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 19:50:24 CET 2008

Greetings,

This topic has been in the back of my mind for a few days now, trying
to identify how I can adjust my TS template.  Until now, I have used
handheld CSS but would like to optimize further.

One major limiting factor to smartphones is that they cannot handle a
page (data) size as large as a modern computer.  For that reason, I am
thinking images should be of reduced size/quality and unnecessary
Javascript, CSS, etc should not be included.  My smartphone scales
images for nice display, but on pages with several graphics it takes
some time to download and the device runs slowly when trying to
display a 300kB+ page

I know that TS conditions will be of important use here, but does
anyone have advice on how to configure all images (from RTE, Text
w/Image, extensions, etc.) to have a maximum dimension of, for
example, 200px wide (ImageMagick)?  Is there some TS to configure this
or would it require a user function?

Many thanks.

Jill Anderson