[TYPO3] Translation team

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:09:32 CET 2008

on Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:09:05 +0200, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> Hi Michiel!
>
> Michiel Roos wrote:
>> I was replying to a post on a list asking about English translation and
>> wanted to refer the poster to the English head translator on
>> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Translations#Translation_Teams
>>
>> Such a team does not exist. This strikes me as 'kind of strange'.
>>
>> Is there any 'native' English speaker who would like to take on this
>> task?
>>
>> If so, please drop Dmitri Dulepov a line on the translation newsgroup
>>
>> . . . also, if you know any chinese or arabic dudes or dudettes . . .
>
> There is one small problem: it is impossible to translate to English
> using translation server. English is default language and not
> translatable. But if any native speaker wants to review TYPO3 language
> files, I am ready to provide all my possible support for this task!

As Dimitry wrote:
as english is default nobody should need a translation into english, as
it should be the least common to all extensions and communication about
TYPO3.

if you need a translation into english, the text seems to be in another
language. I think then you have to contact the head of translation from
this language. He may find a translation into english, which may be proof-
read from the whole (TYPO3)-world.

Bernd