[TYPO3] Problem with typo3temp cleanup

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jan 23 16:38:55 CET 2008

Hi!

We do not work with "typo" (which is totally different product found at http://www.typosphere.org/), we work with TYPO3. Please, do respect the name. You would not like to be called "Marce" or "Arcel", right? :)

> We currently have 96984 files in /typo3temp/pics/.

You can go to install tool and clean files from there. It is safe. Or you can set up a cron job for this. Also safe :)

> So the best solution for me would be to let typo3 repopulate the
> directory on request. This however doesn't seem to work like I expected.

It writes files there only on when it needs. But it does not track old files and does not remove them. This is why you got so many files there.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team