[TYPO3] access to files only for authenticated frontend users

Günter Hipler robbenkopf at bluewin.ch
Tue Jan 22 18:38:03 CET 2008

Hello all,

I'm looking for a solution to restrict access to files only for
authenticated Typo3 frontend users.

Scenario:
- users have to authenticate themselves as authorized frontend users
(use of newloginbox), so they can see on restricted Typo3 pages a list
of URLs to files they are allowed to access. Users shouldn't be forced
to authenticate once more against the Webserver (Apache) after login as
frontend user in case they access one of the files.
  - But I have to use means of Apache authentication to prevent access
to these files beside the "Typo3 way" - or are there other possibilities?

Some weeks ago I think I have seen the use of an extension which seems
to prevent the access to files beside Typo3 without authentication, but
unfortunately I can't find it again.

Any ideas or hints are welcome!

Günter

Informationsverbund Deutschschweiz
c/o Universitaetsbibliothek Basel
Schoenbeinstrasse 18-20
CH-4056 Basel, Switzerland
Tel.:   + 41 (0)61 267 31 12 Fax: ++41 61 267 3103
guenter.hipler at unibas.ch
http://www.informationsverbund.ch