[TYPO3] Error: "500 EOF when chunk header expected" when validatingpage

Ralf Merz ralf.merz at heindl.de
Wed Jan 16 18:18:06 CET 2008

Hi all,

I asked the support the 4th time and began to raise my voice, because
they didn´t believe that there was an error. Then they started to look
up the error message on validator.w3.org.
Well, now this afternoon I got the response from the support:

They´ve found a file which was too big and which caused the process to
crash. And what do you think was that big file?
It was the logfile of the awstats-extension. Since it runs nearly a
whole year now, the filesize grewed up to 2047MB, LOL

That was the problem.

Very curious and funny thing! ;)
Well, I´m happy that works now again!

One question I still have, is if this also could have caused the
PHP-Session errors... maybe? maybe not. ;)
Maybe I´ll redo my changes for the SESSION-thing and try if the old
version runs again now.

Many thanks again to Ross an Sascha!

Greeeeets
Ralf