[TYPO3] Management of news articles (purge).. and TStamp question

myicq myicq2 at 3gmx.net4
Wed Jan 16 10:24:35 CET 2008

myicq <myicq2 at 3gmx.net4> wrote in news:mailman.1.1200405581.4849.typo3-
english at lists.netfielders.de:

> But how do you practically go about managing news after some time,
> imagine over some months, years there will be 100s of news items
> listed in the backend.
>
> Is there a "purge" script which moves the news to an archive, or
> what is the process ?

No input ?

well, after talking to ppl in the IRC channel, I think the following
will be the solution:

* define date interval for cleanup
* make "archive folder"
* run this SQL command to clean up
    	update tx_mininews_news
    	    	set pid = $archive_page_id
    	where
    	    	pid = $news_page_id
    	and    (date difference > $number_of_days)
    	and   hidden = 1

  that way, all articles hidden, and of certain age, is archived.

This could be built into mininews.. but guess you can't have everything.

Btw, I did find the answer to second question:
To get from Typo3 timestamps to human-readable, simply do
    	select DATE_FORMAT(FROM_UNIXTIME(tstamp), '%Y-%m-%d %H:%i')
Obvious to 99% but I did not know, and thought someone else might
benefit.

- torben