[TYPO3] Management of news articles (purge).. and TStamp question

myicq myicq2 at 3gmx.net4
Tue Jan 15 14:59:41 CET 2008

So, I can install mininews just fine.

But how do you practically go about managing news after some time,
imagine over some months, years there will be 100s of news items
listed in the backend.

Is there a "purge" script which moves the news to an archive, or
what is the process ?

Until now, my idea would be to run an SQL scritp every now and then
but here comes my second problem: an SQL function to
work with the Typo3 tstamp values.

I think such long-term "janitoring" documentation of Typo3
is missing.

What is the proper SQL call to show typo3 tstamp in human-readable
form. Example: select t3tohr(tstamp, "%y%m%d) from news;

Thank you for all help

Torben