[TYPO3] suggestions on custom registration in typo3

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jan 15 11:09:35 CET 2008

Hi!

Denis Shapovalov wrote:
> Registration process is simmiliar to that on many forums, i.e. with
> confirm email letter sent to user. But it is tricky at the same time,
> because users trying to register should be diveded by their email
> addresses.
>
> If the user has email from "partner" domain, i.e. name at ourpartner.com
>  he/she should *automatically* recieve registration confirmation.
>
> But if the user is not from "partner", i.e. his/her email is
> name at anything.com the request for registration should be approved by
> an employee manually, who will decide if this person is allowed to
> register and send an apropriate answer with link to complete
> registration or refusal.
>
> Sorry to say but i have no experience or idea how to implement this
> custom feature in Typo3, and how much time and work it will take.

Typically registration is created by sr_fe_user_register extension. It can e-mail put registrations on hold for moderator or ask users to activate registrations via e-mail. But I do not think dividing users by domain name exists.

If you are proficient in PHP, you may take a look to that ext. I do not think it will be easy...

May be someone else here will have better advice for you :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team