[TYPO3] Unique page titles? (CoolURI | RealURL)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Jan 13 11:14:22 CET 2008

Hi!

Sascha Mantscheff wrote:
> If you do not see a relation between page titles and CoolURI I wonder
> how you use it. But, thank god, that's none of my business.

I do not use CoolURI. I use RealURL. RealURL generates URLs from page titles, which your editors enter for each page. I do not see what makes your page titles not unique as soon as your editors make them unique!

> My problem is not entering unique page titles, but enforcing them.

Well, I doubt software can help you with it unless you modify TYPO3 core a bit to enforce unique titles for each page. The question is still the same: do you really need it? Are you sure you will get two pages with the same title on the same tree level? This is most unlikely! And from SEO view having /magazine/articles/my-god.htm and /magazine/responses/my-god.txt is absolutely fine. Gives you even some more keywords in titles and makes nice grouping in Google.

I am trying to understand your use case and it seems to me that you spend your time on completely useless task. May be I am completely wrong. Then tell me why exactly do you need this?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team