[TYPO3] typo3 database utf-8 conversion

Thomas Oppelt t.content at gmx.de
Sat Jan 12 11:39:31 CET 2008

Hi Patrick,

thanks vor hints, but: is "recode" able to handle serialized strings
conversion rather then iconv? Sorry i am not that familiar with both
ways. Same question for me according to the wiki example where the dump
is not converted at all as i see, just inserted back with
--default-character-set=utf8. Is this enough and fits all potential
problems?
I can try this myself, but maybe you are so familiar with charset
conversion stuff that you can give me a simple "yes, that's all no
problem". :-)

thx & regards
tom