[TYPO3] A question, please, about copying a page into another page

Haines, William J LIBWJH at emory.edu
Fri Jan 11 18:42:13 CET 2008

Dear All,

I hope you are having a good 2008!

I have a current version of a page that we are using
(http://www.law.emory.edu/index.php?id=2577)
and a test version of that page
(http://www.law.emory.edu/index.php?id=4817).

I also have a template that links to the current version of the above
faculty page through a faculty link.  The template appears on all of our
pages.  Please see the attached.

I've been trying the paste into feature, but, naturally, I don't get the
same id as what we are currently using (id=2577).  I've been thinking
that it would be easier to keep the same id for the test page when it
becomes the current page (id=2577).  That way I wouldn't have to worry
about changing the id in the template.  By the way, I don't have
administrative rights.  So, I'm interested in getting all of the content
elements in id=4817 into id=2517.  How can I do this, please?  Do I have
to copy and paste each element?  I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you!  I hope you're having a nice Friday.

Best,

Will

Will Haines
Electronic Services Librarian