[TYPO3] separate color for portion of

Tomas Mrozek mail at cascaval.com
Fri Jan 11 17:55:35 CET 2008

> How can I make a norma/regular text strings (words) different color
> than what I have specified via my external css files? The old "lame
> way" - select a text and set color.

In case I got you right...

1. Add a class (with different color) for <span> into the CSS file
loaded by the RTE (htmlarea).

2. In the RTE, select a text string and then choose the class from the
selectbox(*). The text is wrapped into the <span> tag with the
appropriate CSS class.

This presumes that you want to set a defined color. In case you want to
be able to set any color, you need to have the "textcolor" button
available in the RTE toolbar. In either case it should present no problem.

Tomas Mrozek

* - you need to have a "button" (selectbox, in fact) called "textstyle"
visible in the RTE. Make sure that RTE.default.hideButtons DOES NOT
contain this "button" and that RTE.default.toolbarOrder DOES contain it.