[TYPO3] TinyRTE Error Handling https:// links... - FIXED

Timothy Patterson tjpatter at svsu.edu
Fri Jan 11 16:20:16 CET 2008

Ok, after sifting through this stockpile of PHP / JavaScript mix I
present you with the solution that I have found...

You have to edit the class.tx_tinyrte_base.php file in the tinyrte
extension directory.

Look for this code, then add what is shown:

function setTheValue(type,value,act) {
tinyMCE.selectedInstance.selection.moveToBookmark(s);
    switch(type){
	case "link":
	var prefixURL=getActivePagefromFilebrowser(act);

	// ADD THIS CODE!!!								// Modification Start
   	if(prefixURL=="http://")
	{
		var secVal = value.substring(0,8);
		// Check value to see if it is https...
		if(secVal == "https://")
		{
			prefixURL="https://";
			value=value.substr(8);
		}
	}
	// Modification End

	var linkValue=value.split(" ");
	var linkURL=linkValue[0];
	var target=linkValue[1];

Don't know if this helps anyone but here it is nevertheless!