[TYPO3] include a protected content or use fe user cookies

Ilaria De Marinis ilaria.demarinis at caspur.it
Fri Jan 11 11:30:02 CET 2008

Hi list,
I need to retrive information from a database.

I'm using "php/script" content to create the dynamic page.
Some portions of information are protected and only if your are logged
in as a frontend user can access to them
So, I'm facing up with to choices:
1) Get cookies information to check if a user is logged in

The riserved informations are mixed with the other public.
I mean, I provide information in an html table and some rows has to be
protected.
I already created the dynamic php content and now I have to insert the
code for the riserved information.

So, I'm trying by checking $_COOKIE['fe_user_typo'], but also if I
logged out, my browser still has this cookie
I didn't find any other cookies from my website.

Shall I have to check for other informations?

2) Create a content php/script with the "Access" __Usergroup__
Is there the possibility to include in my code an element in the typo3
database with a restricted "Access"?
Something like include("http://mysite.it/index.php?id=111")?

Many thanks
Best regards