[TYPO3] User permissions

Lamb, Brian blamb at jcvi.org
Thu Jan 10 20:37:04 CET 2008

I'm having real difficulty doing something that I think should be pretty
simple. I want to create a user that has access to the entire page tree
in the draft space but I don't want them to be able to edit anything.
The thought process is that I want them to see changes I have made and
see what they think about them.

Here's the evolution so far:
1) Created user preview with the following options selected
   1.01) Modules: Web
   1.02) Modules: Web>Page
   1.03) Workspace permissions: Edit Draft (Offline)
   1.04) Mount from groups: DB Mounts
   1.05) Mount from groups: File Mounts
   1.06) DB Mounts: Root

Result: I log in as preview and no page tree is shown.

2) Created user group Full Tree and added it to the preview user
   2.01) DB Mounts: Root

Result: Same as above

3) Created user group Basic Editor and added it to the preview user
   3.01) Include Access Lists: Yes
   3.02) Modules: Web
   3.03) Modules: Web>Page
   3.04) Modules: User>Task center
   3.05) Tables (modify): Pagecontent
   3.06) Tables (modify): News
   3.07) Page types: Standard
   3.08) Allowed excludefields: Page: Type
   3.09) Allowed excludefields: Page: Hide page
   3.10) Allowed excludefields: Page: Start
   3.11) Allowed excludefields: Page: Stop
   3.12) Allowed excludefields: Pagecontent: Hide
   3.13) Allowed excludefields: Pagecontent: Width (pixels)
   3.14) Allowed excludefields: Pagecontent: Border
   3.15) Allowed excludefields: Pagecontent: Click-enlarge
   3.16) Allowed excludefields: Pagecontent: Align
   3.17) Allowed excludefields: Pagecontent: Recursive
   3.18) Explicitly allow/deny field values: [Deny] All
   3.19) Workspace permissions: Edit Draft (Offline)

Result: I get the page tree from root, however it is not the full page
tree. Even though Root is, well root, it leaves off a few subpages.

This seems like it should be really simple to do so what am I
overlooking?