[TYPO3] ANN: advanced guestbook spam blocking

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jan 9 10:46:55 CET 2008

Hi all!

I appologize for self-advertizing but I think the topic of guestbook/blog spam is bleeding for many people.

Here is a link to my article that may help you to fight guestbook spam. I must warn that technique is really advanced and agressive and may block also some innocent users. It requires some knowldge about system administration and root access to server. But if you are drawning in spam, it will let you swim easier :)

The article is here:
http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/archive/2008/january/09/advanced_guestbook_spam_blocking/index.htm

Comments and corrections are very welcome.

*** This article is not an official recommendation from any TYPO3 team, this is completely my own personal view.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team