[TYPO3] TSFE.constants in Typo3 ver. 4.1.5

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 23:12:01 CET 2008

Hi,

On Jan 6, 2008 10:15 PM, Anders Kongsted <typo3 at kongsted.dk> wrote:
> Christopher Torgalson skrev:
> > Right. I haven't read that bit of the TSconfig doc for a long while as
> > you can probably tell. In any case, a few minutes' testing leads me to
> > suspect that your problem might be with your GMENU--that is, if your
> > constants are set up as you've described. Either way, you need to
> > check your code over in detail--what you've given here does seem to be
> > right.
> >
> > This TS code in the template (borrowed from the TS by Example manual):
> >

> > page.1000 = HMENU
> > page.1000.1 = GMENU
> > page.1000.1.NO {
> >   XY = [10.w],[10.h]
> >   backColor = {$websiteConfig.id}
> >   10 = TEXT
> >   10.text.field = title
> >   10.offset = 0,7
> > }
> >

> > And this code in the TSconfig field of the root page record:
> >

> > TSFE.constants.websiteConfig.id = #ff9900
> >

> > Yields the expected result: a GMENU with a garish orange background :-)
> >
> It's exactly what I have done.

<snip>

> I tried to change siteColor to id - just to try something.... :)
>
> But..... No.... It doesn't work.... :(
>
> I had read an email on the list, with another person who had the same
> problem after an upgrade from 3.X to 4.X.... Could it be the same
> problem? A little unwanted feature (also known as a bug)? :)

Unlikely such a bug would have survived so long into the 4.x series
with few references.

Questions for you:

1. Does your GMENU work when you use the literal hex value instead of
the constant?

2. Does the expected value show up in the TS Object Browser when
you've got the "Constants display" option set to "Plain substitution"
or "Substituted constants in green"?

3. Does anything change if you use "lib.menu1" instead of
"temp.menu1"? (*If* there is a difference when you do this though, I'd
expect it to be output -vs- no output)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/