[TYPO3] How to include PHP scripts on a page?

Denis Bilodeau denis at ubitext.com
Sat Jan 5 18:22:36 CET 2008

I have been using Typo3 for years without actually knowing PHP, on which
I now begin.

I need to put some script on a page to retrieve sunrise and sunset time
from a file (I have some bits of code ready for that). But I am having
trouble at the "Hello World" level (ahem...): how to include a personal
PHP script in Typo3?

The '<?php' bit is stripped if I put the code directly on the template
or in a text element. Should I try to set some user TS to allow it or is
there a better method?

Many thanks,
Denis