[TYPO3] styles.content.imgtext.linkSplit and field length

Claudio Strizzolo claudio.strizzolo at ts.nogarb.ageinfn.it
Fri Jan 4 09:59:58 CET 2008

Hi all,
I have a question about defining different links for individual images,
for instance in an imgtext context. I know I can force splitting the
"Link" field if it includes a comma-separated list (i.e.
www.google.com,,www.typo3.org) by using this syntax:

styles.content.imgtext.linkSplit = 1

Now, the link field can contain up to 256 characters, it seems, which in
my case is not always enough: sometimes the target links are not short
ones like the above ones, but very long and ugly URLs.
Is there any way to set up a higher maximum length for that field?
Thanks in advance

Claudio