[TYPO3] egroupware + typo3 = PROBLEMS

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jan 2 10:12:13 CET 2008

Hi!

Michael Karrer wrote:
> I did not know where it belongs to so i thought posting it to both would
> be ok.

This is not related to extension or core development, so should be in English list :)

> Anyway do you got any clue why this error occurs?!?
>
> Maybe egroupware messes setting of the mysql database up and changes it
> on runtime?!?

Not if you use different user names and passwords. If user name and password is the same, PHP will reuse existing connection. But with different user names and passwords it is separate connections.

One more thing to try: check database access for both users. Make sure that users can access only their databases: TYPO3 database user should not see eGroupware database and vice versa. You can do it with GRANT/REVOKE sql statements.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team