[TYPO3] Random content with limited text

Eric Thelander 3d-telis at home.se
Thu Feb 28 10:15:55 CET 2008

Hello

I want to place a random content on one page, this content is text w/
image. I have set up the page tree as follows

Page 1 (showing random content)
    -> Page 2 (containing all text w/ image elements )

Right now Page 1 shows a random content fetched from Page 2 using the
plugin "Random content". Due to the fact that some of the content on
Page 2 contains allot of text I would like to limit it to 255 digits on
Page 1, still showing the image. The user will be presented with a "Read
more" link to view the complete text.

Any pointer on how I should acomplish this? Is it possible to do that
using the "Random content" plaugin?

Best regards
Eric