[TYPO3] typo3, page browsing and no_cache

Luc Muller l.mul-nospam-ler at ameos.com
Thu Feb 28 09:33:03 CET 2008

Hello List.

I got a little problem in understanding some things related with page
browsing.

Can anyone explain me how is handled page browsing in typo3.

Especially with the function tslib_pibase::pi_list_browseresults()

as I saw the generated links are add with a no_cache params by default if we
got some GET Params in the url.

this can be by_passed if we add the params in $this->pi_isOnlyFields

but this would only works if params are not integer.

To bypass integer params I have to set $this->lowerThan = some very high
integer.

I do not understad why the generated links are no_cached by default.

I do not understand either the whole way browsing is handled and Why those
vars are important.

Can someone explain me the way typo3 should browse page ? and How all those
stuff are handled ?

Thanks a lot for the explanations :)

Luc Muller =:0)