[TYPO3] Is the list order in tt_news broken?

Taras Sajuk taras.sajuk at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 28 08:30:20 CET 2008

 suddently, after a PHP update my tt_news "LIST" FE-plugins don't show the
entries in the requested order "datetime desc" anymore.

After some investigation I found this is due to a GROUP BY which is inserted
into the SQL-Statement by tt_news. In MySQL an GROUP BY makes any ORDER BY
clause useless.

I can fix this by inserting

> plugin.tt_news.listGroupBy = datetime DESC

into the templates TS. But this does inactivate the flexform selection of
the news ordering.

Did someone experience the same problem?

--
Taras Sajuk