[TYPO3] rlmp_extdbauth and TYPO3_DB operations

torben myicq2 at 3gmx.net4
Wed Feb 27 16:28:11 CET 2008

I have a question regarding extension "External DB Authentication"
(rlmp_extdbauth).

This is just what I need: evaluate users against a database table that is
placed on another host, in a different database.

The configuration is not well documented, but I have managed to make
the basic steps.

The issue is that this extension seems to switch ALL database operations in
frontend to the NEW database specified. This means that all operations
called as f.ex. $TYPO3_DB->exec_SELECTquery will not happen in typo3
database, but will be tried from the new database.

It appears that $dbConn = &ADONewConnection($dataSourceConfArr['dbtype']);
makes the default database switch to the other one.

Do anyone know how to FORCE Typo3 to use the default typo3 database for
all operations in $TYPO3_DB->function ?
.. and not be switched by &ADONewConnection.

Robert Lembke does not seem to reply to questions about this extension.

Thanks for all input.

- torben