[TYPO3] tt_news - substitute more link with » or image

Raymond Irwin raymond.irwin at freenet.de
Wed Feb 27 16:20:20 CET 2008

Hi List,

been trying to figure this one out for some time now, but no luck. Maybe
one of you might have an idea to set me on the right track.

I want to substitute the [more]-link in tt_news items either with the
» special character (the little "fast forward" sign), or if that
isn't possible, with an image, but I'm running into a problem with xml.

the locallang.xml, but no success as the character is not allowed in xml.

Also I tried to add html for an image to the locallang.xml, but that
doesn't work either.

The php - code that creates the image link is a bit over my head, so I'm
stuck.

Any ideas are very much appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for the great support I have received from all of you
in the past.

Raymond