[TYPO3] oversized cache tables

Frank Sonck frank.sonck at freebel.net
Mon Feb 25 08:43:03 CET 2008

Hello,

Op Mon, 25 Feb 2008 00:22:31 +0200, schreef Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]:

> Hi!

> Large is relative thing. These sizes are not large for CNN or BBC but
> large for QuickStart package.

You are right Dmitry, large is a relative concept. But still, fact is
that we have been experiencing performance problems (apache server load)
lately with 'only' some 3.000 news articles, 1500 pages and some 5 to
6.000 visitors per day.
So if there are basic things one can do to optimize TYPO3 setup
(database, server,...) then I would guess this is always interesting. The
information for this topic seems rather scattered.
I read for example a thread in (English?) newsgroup about nightly
emptying of cache tables with cron but not really confirmation about it.

Kind greetings,
Frank Sonck