[TYPO3] Edit page properties for many pages at once

Raymond Irwin raymond.irwin at freenet.de
Thu Feb 21 19:15:29 CET 2008

Raymond Irwin wrote:
> Christopher Torgalson wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Raymond Irwin wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> does anyone know whether you can use the backend to edit page
>>> properties for many pages at once. Say I would like to set all pages
>>> in a branch of the tree to hidden. Is there a way to do this without
>>> having to open the properties for each individual page and checking
>>> the hidden box?
>>>
>>> I know this could be done in sql, but that wouldn't really be
>>> user-friendly.
>>>
>>> Any ideas are much appreciated.
>>

>> Two ways.
>>
>> 1. Enable 'Extended View' (not sure about the label...) checkbox in
>> the List module, and click the 'hide' icon (this isn't a way to do
>> multiple pages at once, but it's an easy way...)
>>
>> 2. Several steps:
>>
>> a. Go to list module and click on the parent page of the branch whose
>> pages you want to modify
>>
>> b. Click the little "+" beside the name of the table (should be
>> "Pages" in this case)
>>
>> c. Choose the field(s) you want to modify from the list and click the
>> "Set fields" button
>>
>> d. Open one of the clipboards at the bottom of the frame
>>
>> e. There should be a bunch of checkboxes in the column under the
>> relevant field in the table listing. Check those corresponding to the
>> pages you want to edit and edit them.
>>
>> For more details, there is a video showing this process on typo3.org
>> in the videos section.
>>

> Hi Christopher,
>
> ... and thanks for your quick reply. The second solution more or less is
> what I was looking for, but it doesn't really solve the problem of
> having to check many individual boxes. It is however a good alternative
> to manually opening the page properties for each individual page,
> checking the relevant box, closing the page and then opening the next in
> order to repeat the task.
>
> If I choose "Hide page" as the relevant field, I only get an edit icon
> at the top of the list. No checkboxes! Then, when I click on the edit
> icon I get a list of all the pages and the respective checkboxes for
> hiding the page. I have to check all of them individually before I can
> save.
>
> This is definitely a good solution, but if you have hundreds of pages to
>  edit, it remains a tiresome task to check all the available boxes in
> the list.
>
> Anyway, thanks a bunch for your ideas. Maybe there is some sort of
> browser plugin which can automate the task of checking many boxes on a
> page with a single click.
>
> Regards, Raymond

Got it! There is a Firefox Add-on "Check All 0.2.2". This does the
trick. All you have to do is select the entire page by pressing CTRL/A,
then right-click and choose "Check all selected checkboxes". Save and
your done. Great!

Maybe this is a missing feature for the typo3 backend. Wouldn't it be
nice to have a check all button right on the result page. This would
eliminate the need for the add-on.