[TYPO3] Edit page properties for many pages at once

Raymond Irwin raymond.irwin at freenet.de
Thu Feb 21 18:37:18 CET 2008

Christopher Torgalson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Raymond Irwin wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> does anyone know whether you can use the backend to edit page
>> properties for many pages at once. Say I would like to set all pages
>> in a branch of the tree to hidden. Is there a way to do this without
>> having to open the properties for each individual page and checking
>> the hidden box?
>>
>> I know this could be done in sql, but that wouldn't really be
>> user-friendly.
>>
>> Any ideas are much appreciated.
>

> Two ways.
>
> 1. Enable 'Extended View' (not sure about the label...) checkbox in the
> List module, and click the 'hide' icon (this isn't a way to do multiple
> pages at once, but it's an easy way...)
>
> 2. Several steps:
>
> a. Go to list module and click on the parent page of the branch whose
> pages you want to modify
>
> b. Click the little "+" beside the name of the table (should be "Pages"
> in this case)
>
> c. Choose the field(s) you want to modify from the list and click the
> "Set fields" button
>
> d. Open one of the clipboards at the bottom of the frame
>
> e. There should be a bunch of checkboxes in the column under the
> relevant field in the table listing. Check those corresponding to the
> pages you want to edit and edit them.
>
> For more details, there is a video showing this process on typo3.org in
> the videos section.

Hi Christopher,

... and thanks for your quick reply. The second solution more or less is
what I was looking for, but it doesn't really solve the problem of
having to check many individual boxes. It is however a good alternative
to manually opening the page properties for each individual page,
checking the relevant box, closing the page and then opening the next in
order to repeat the task.

If I choose "Hide page" as the relevant field, I only get an edit icon
at the top of the list. No checkboxes! Then, when I click on the edit
icon I get a list of all the pages and the respective checkboxes for
hiding the page. I have to check all of them individually before I can save.

This is definitely a good solution, but if you have hundreds of pages to
  edit, it remains a tiresome task to check all the available boxes in
the list.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for your ideas. Maybe there is some sort of
browser plugin which can automate the task of checking many boxes on a
page with a single click.

Regards, Raymond