[TYPO3] Cal Ext. and UTF8 Problem

mohaa at foni.net mohaa at foni.net
Tue Feb 19 22:43:31 CET 2008

Matthias Gottschalk schrieb am 19.02.2008 21:42 Uhr:
> Jeff Segars schrieb:
>
>> Matthias Gottschalk wrote:
>>

>>>  Hello,
>>>

>>>  sorry my English is very bad, but i have a very big Problem with the
>>> Cal Extension.
>>>  The month "March" in German "März" has a false presentation of
>>> umlauts.My Typo3 Config is correct: config.locale_all=de_DE.UTF8
>>>  The Database & PHP Settings are correct too:
>>>

>>>  Language: German de-utf-8
>>>  MySQL Carracter Set: UTF 8 Unicode
>>>  Carracter Set: UTF8 general ci
>>>  What seems to be the problem?
>>>

>>>  Please help me, I am at a loss what to do!
>>>

>>>  Best wishes
>>>  Matthias
>>>

>> Matthias,
>> Are you having this problem throughout all the views of cal or at one
>> specific location? Based on some general testing, it seems to be
>> working fine for me.  Can you add the following Typoscript to test the
>> month name when cal is not involved at all?
>>
>> page.1 = TEXT
>> page.1.value = 1205553600
>> page.1.strftime = %B
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeff

> Hi Jeff or @all
> I have this Problem on all Cal Views!
> By the Test with an Template and this TypoScript
>
> page.1 = TEXT
> page.1.value = 1205553600
> page.1.strftime = %B
>
> is the Month called "März"; This is correct.
> The Server or Typo3 working correct.
>
> Thanx
> Matthias

same issue here to - but only in month view:
in <div id="month-header"> and that small quick jump box where i can
select which month to be displayed.

Only there it is not "März" but "M?rz".

In list view "März" is spelled correct.

The rest of my site and TYPO3 works like a charm and shows no problems
with our german "special characters".

Regards,
Arne