[TYPO3] caching problem dam, tt_news, rgsmoothgallery

Matyi Gábor gmatyi at freemail.hu
Tue Feb 19 22:29:08 CET 2008

Hi!

I use the dam, tt_news, rgsmoothgallery plugins for showing a picture gallery.
I have lot's of images. After I add some new images to a tt_news entry. and I
open the page where the tt_news lists appear, the page load very slow or I
get the "premature and of script header: index.php error.

I examined that the problem occurs  because the thumbnail images of the new
added images haven't generated in the folder typo3temp/pic yet. It seem to be
a slow progress.
If I wait some hour, the thumbnail generation pass in the background. After
this the pages with the new added images comes perfectly.

My question, why this thumbnail generation so slow? Why I get this premature
and of sccipt header after 30 sec? In the php.ini the max_execution time is
300. (5 min).

Thanks

Gabor