[TYPO3] tt_news won't switch language dates

Adam Harvie aharvie at msf.ca
Tue Feb 19 21:40:11 CET 2008

Hi all,

Been scouring everything available on this one, but can't solve the
problem. Basically, we have a two language site, no problems except that
the dates in tt_news are always in English (the default).

I've tested with a basic php file to make sure that setlocale works ok.

There are alternate page languages defined for all the pages in question.

The relevant tsconfig follows. Is there anything I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Adam

#set up the news plugin
plugin.tt_news {

   plugin.tt_news.pid_list >
   pid_list = 41,44,45
   templateFile = fileadmin/templates/news/news_template.html
   datetimeDaysToArchive = 30
   useHRDates = 1
   useHRDatesSingle = 1
   useHRDatesSingleWithoutDay = 1
   displayList {

     date_stdWrap.strftime= %d %B %Y

   }
   displaySingle {
    date_stdWrap.strftime= %d %B %Y
   }

   displayXML {
        #cut this out for brevity
   }
}

#localisation

config.linkVars = L

[globalVar = GP:L = 4]

config.sys_language_uid = 4
config.language = fr
#I've tried some other french locales available on the system, no change
config.local_all = fr_CA

plugin.tt_news {

   displaySingle {

     date_stdWrap.strftime= %d %B %Y