[TYPO3] rggooglemaps and tt_news

Rafael Freuler rafi at mitherz.ch
Mon Feb 18 04:18:09 CET 2008

Hi Georg

Thank you very much for the quick reply and update to the manual! I am
currently working as a volunteer in Thailand redesigning
http://www.childsdream.org and I am  6 hours ahead of Europe. So you
will only be able to reach me in the morning. Skype: rafael.freuler

I set up an extension for tt_news and it works for the most part. I
also started extending the manuals here
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Rggooglemap_with_another_table and
here http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Rggooglemap#Configuration.
I wanted to upload my extension to the wiki but didn't manage to
upload the .t3x file. How do I do that? Wouldn't it be easier to
upload it to the TER?

Here are a few issues. If you can point me to the bugtracker you are
using, I could also add them there:

- It takes about 30 seconds for the points on the map to load. It
seems that it takes my local XAMP webserver that long to answer a
AJAX-request like this:
http://localhost:8503/index.php?id=55&type=500&tx_rggooglemap_pi1[cat]=&tx_rggooglemap_pi1[area]=11.566143767762856%2C%2090.6591796875%2C%2028.033197847676377%2C%20107.3583984375&tx_rggooglemap_pi1[zoom]=5&r=0.027769897343789096
Do you know why it might take so long?

- On line 1650 in class.tx_rggooglemap_pi1.php the title for the pois
is loaded like this: ($row['name']);. This should be configurable
somehow because for other tables than tt_address one might want to use
a different field. I use the field title for tt_news.

- For some reason gxmarker.js did not place the map info window at the
correct position. I switched to pdmarker.js (which is already part of
the extension) and it works now and lets me customize the tooltip more
easily. Around line 1219.

- The 'Google Map' backend module doesn't really work with tt_news. I
suspect some further configuration is necessairy. When I go to
settings I get the following message:
Insert into DB
CREATE TABLE tt_news (
  tx_rggooglemap_lng tinytext NOT NULL,
  tx_rggooglemap_lat tinytext NOT NULL,
  tx_rggooglemap_display tinyint(3) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
  tx_rggooglemap_cat int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
);
It seems that the backend module expects the field-names to be the
same as they are in tt_address.

Cheers,
Rafi