[TYPO3] GIFBUILDER and dithering

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Feb 13 14:51:53 CET 2008

> I have a gradient GIF image with 256 colors. On that I write some
> text using GIFBUILDER, and output the new image on my TYPO3 site.
> But now the colors of the image is reduced to 78 colors and the image
> is dithered, EVEN if I set "reduceColors=255" and/or "quality=100"
> I have tried all combinations of settings I can think of to no avail
> :(

I have lots of experience with GIFBUILDER, but I need more information:

Do you have the same image available as 24bit TIF (or any other non
destructive format)?
Can you post the whole GIFBUILDER setup here?
What abput your GFX settings in the install tool?
Did you activate true color?

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de