[TYPO3] detailed explanation of TYPO3 DB fields in each table

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Feb 11 14:29:06 CET 2008

"Tapio Markula" <tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1202714961.22256.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> JoH asenau
>>> Whats the best document to read for this?
>>>
>>> Inside TYPO3?
>>> T3 Core api?
>>> Other maybe?
>>>
>>> I would like to learn more about the structure and meaning of each
>>> field. Example - Pages in the backend:
>>> dokType = 2 - Advanced
>>> dokType = 1 - normal
>>> dokType = 4 - Shortcut
>>>
>>> These kind of things.
>>
>> No document but a useful tool that you can find in your TYPO3 backend:
>> Tools -> configuration -> TCA
>>
>> Each table has got its own TCA setup, where everything is defined.
>
> that is not descriptive because language labels are just rendered from TCA
> definitions and they are not replaced with texts.
> Good for seeing what fields but bad for trying to understand meaning of
> each field.
> There are some pages, which explain 'dokType' - try Google 'typo3 dokType'

forget about doktype 2 and 5, they are ripped in 4.2.

Look to the extension code of tca
typo3/sysext/cms/ext_tables.php

in $TCA['pages']['types'] = array ( ...
you see the page-types (doktype) and there fields. It's notheing more then a
filter for displayed fields.

vg  Steffen