[TYPO3] CoolUri Performance WAS: CoolUriConf.xml - CALL FOR ALL to build a global XML

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Wed Feb 6 21:15:12 CET 2008

Hi,

 > CoolUri performs much slower than real_url, we tried it on several
 > production pages and switched back to real_url.

the weakest link I see is parsing XML file. However, I've tested
serializing it into PHP array and I there wasn't any gain in
performance. Therefore, I've decided to leave out serializing. I could
be possible that with some server configuration (OS, Apache version, PHP
version), parsing can be slow, but from what I know, it's not.

Once the XML is parsed, it's just about looking up a value in a database.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve performance, I'd be happy
to implement them.

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech