[TYPO3] Single page localization

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Feb 5 17:15:29 CET 2008

Hi Alex,

> if i understand you correct, you don't have an L param at hand to
> change
> the language.
>
> so you can use the pidinrootline condition to set the correct
> langkey:
>
> [PIDinRootline = pages-uid, pages-uid, ...]
> config.htmlTag_langKey = de-DE
> [PIDinRootline = pages-uid, pages-uid, ...]
> config.htmlTag_langKey = en-EN
> [end]

Yes, that's right. I did not thought of this way. The only problem I see, just as the solution of creating an extension template is that I cannot give this right to "standard" writers.

I would love being able to do this:

As I edit a page, I may override the default site language to another one with a free text parameter or better a list of "site-available" languages in a drop-down menu. And in my template, I would have something like

# pseudo-code!
[PageParameterLanguage = en]
config.htmlTag_langKey = en-EN
[PageParameterLanguage = de]