[TYPO3] Single page localization

media.res | Alex Widschwendter a.widschwendter at mediares.at
Tue Feb 5 17:02:15 CET 2008

hi Xavier

>>> Is there a best practice to set the language of a single page? The
>> problem is how to change settings such as
>>> xml:lang and lang attributes in

>> Look in TSRef. Generally you need to use a condition on L var and some
>> options from CONFIG. TYPO3 will do the rest.
>
> ASAIU the L parameter is used if I want to get my content translated, like the multi-language website tutorial explains it clearly.
>
> But I do not want to translate my website or part of it, I would like to mix languages. The website mainly in French but a few pages *only* in English for instance. The L would be useful if I wanted to create an alternative page language record and thus translate a page to another language.
>
> Did I miss something?

if i understand you correct, you don't have an L param at hand to change
the language.

so you can use the pidinrootline condition to set the correct langkey:

[PIDinRootline = pages-uid, pages-uid, ...]
config.htmlTag_langKey = de-DE
[PIDinRootline = pages-uid, pages-uid, ...]
config.htmlTag_langKey = en-EN
[end]

hth alex