[TYPO3] replace text headers by images

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 12:31:28 CET 2008

Hi there,

On Feb 5, 2008 12:15 PM, Bas Heutink <webdesign at inbalanshasselt.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using SIFR (gb_sifr ) to replace text headers by flash headers.
> This works fine, you can customize the flash headers by css, but it has
> an disadvantage which is the dependence on the availability of a flash
> player. My question
> is: is there an extension that replaces text headers by images like jpg
> or gif instead of flash?
>
> I have been working with Typo3's gifbuilder but it has too many problems
> and can't be tweaked by css.

Well, if you can't use GIFBUILDER, this will not be something you can
automate. If you can solve your problems with GIFBUILDER, take a look
at my extension 'bh_firtools' [1]. It's a pure Typoscript extension
that demonstrates how to:

1. Use TYPO3 pages as dynamic CSS files for FIR,
2. Automatically output various headers etc with appropriate CSS ids
and classes,
3. Generate the corresponding images with GIFBUILDER

Unfortunately, I've just noticed the manual is missing its few
screenshots--I'll try to fix that later today.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/bh_firtools/2.0.0/