[TYPO3] CoolUriConf.xml - CALL FOR ALL to build a global XML

James Knuckey james.faction at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 03:36:30 CET 2008

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 10:41:58 +1300, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]
<dmitry at typo3.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> James Knuckey wrote:
>> I've found the mailing list more useful than the wiki because
>> practically every problem anyone has had is on the mailing list. What
>> that really means though is a lot more man-hours is needed to build the
>> wiki into a comprehensive resource. But who has those man hours? I've
>> searched all my pockets and haven't found any spare!
>
> When you mean discussion - yes, mailing lists are invaluable. But when
> you mean collection information for reuse - wiki is much better. What do
> you personally prefer: read one wiki page or scan 20 posts in the
> mailing list?

I completely agree. My point was that the wiki is currently lacking as an
information resource. There just isn't enough on there at the moment. What
is needed, for example, is someone to go through the mailing list and
condense all the solved problems into the wiki knowledge base. However
that's a lot of man-hours to build up the wiki to the point where it will
have an answer to anything TYPO3, which would be the ideal... I wish I had
the time to contribute myself but I don't.