[TYPO3] Breadcrumb option split assist

Jackson, Mary MaryJackson at creighton.edu
Mon Feb 4 22:36:17 CET 2008

Hi all,
I have a breadcrumb display issue.

I need to be able to do:
Home > Page1 > Current page
AND
Home >...> Page4 > Current page
(Note the above >...> is static, not a link to any page it just marks
that we have several levels skipped).

What I have works for the complex part (the Home >...> page5 > current
page) and when the navigation is only 2 levels but when it is 3 levels
deep it skips the > between the first and second level.  I'm very fuzzy
on option split for wrapping, what I have came about from meager
knowledge and a whole lot of tinkering.

What I am getting when on the 3rd level.
HomePage2 > Current page

What I need when on the 3rd level is:
Home > Page2 > Current page

Here is my code

# Breadcrumb code #
    subparts.CRUMBS = COA
    subparts.CRUMBS.10 = HMENU
    subparts.CRUMBS.10.special = rootline
    subparts.CRUMBS.10.special.range = 0|-1
    subparts.CRUMBS.10.1 = TMENU
    subparts.CRUMBS.10.1 {
        noBlur = 1

        #NO.linkWrap = |&nbsp;&nbsp;<span>&gt;</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;
        NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
        NO.doNotShowLink = 0 |*| 1 |*| 0 || 0
        NO.allWrap = | &nbsp;&gt;...&gt;&nbsp;|*|
|*||||&nbsp;&nbsp;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;||
        CUR = -1
        CUR.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
        CUR.doNotLinkIt = 1,20
        CUR.doNotShowLink = 1,20
    }
    subparts.CRUMBS.20 = TEXT
    subparts.CRUMBS.20 {
        field = nav_title // subtitle // title
        if {
            value = 1,20
            isInList.field = uid
            negate = 1
        }
    }

I hope I'm being clear.

Thanks in advance!

Mary
MaryJackson at creighton.edu <mailto:MaryJackson at creighton.edu>

"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true
and kind, they can change our world. " - Buddha

Hello inner child, I'm the inner babysitter.
Susan Sto Helit