[TYPO3] CoolUriConf.xml - CALL FOR ALL to build a global XML

Mario Rimann typo3-coding at rimann.org
Mon Feb 4 22:20:46 CET 2008

Hi Andreas

Andreas Becker schrieb:
> as it is much easier to use the mailinglist then the wiki, as on the wiki
> people might delete stuff they should not delete and things get very easily
> changed. Also most people even here on the list don't know how to use and
> edit in the wiki, but are able to copy and paste the right code. Also a lot
> of people check the mailing lists but not the wiki. Therfore to collect
> information a mailinglist is much better.

The TYPO3 is based on MediaWiki as far as I know. On every page there is
a button called "edit". Then you can change the stuff you want, have a
preview and click "save". I think one that is on the level to configure
coolURI will be able to work with the wiki without big hassle.

BTW: I think many users will search with google - and will find pages
from the wiki. The archives of the mailinglists are not that well
indexed in google imho.

 > Information is never a waste of time and human resource ;-)

Of course: Producing and spreading information is never waste of time.
But fizzling around with an unhandy collection of snippets from the
mailinglist is imho a waste of time...

 > Hi Mario what snippets could you fil in? Come on!

I'm absolutely new to cooluri and will set it up for the first time in a
few days. So I have no snippets to provide yet. But if setting up
coolURI will be a success, I'll share the corresponding config stuff for
the extensions that I'm using.

 From this point of view, finding some snippets in the wiki would be
better for me. Imagine searching in the newsgroups will result in many
hundred results, showing different states of the same collection. AWFUL!
In wiki, there is *one* current state of the document.

Please think about the workflow of collection such snippets again. I
really like the idea of having a central collection - but please put it
into the wiki.

Regards,
Mario