[TYPO3] RealURL and multilingual error pages

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Feb 4 10:27:58 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

>> That being said, looking at the stuff again, I found an improvement:
>> if I add a 'noMatch' => 'bypass' directive on top of the
>> 'valueDefault', everything seems to work as expected. I had thought
>> those two directives were mutually exclusive...
>
> You know, I sometimes in doubt which of them I should use :D

After this discussion I thought I should take some time and test again
some of the bug situations I had reported in the BT. I had actually
opened 3 reports to isolate individual problems, but they are all solved
by the addition of the 'noMatch' => 'bypass' directive.

As far as I am concerned, you can close those three bugs:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5362
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5363
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5365

Based on this experience however, I would recommend a couple of changes
in the manual. All examples of language setup show the use of either
"noMatch" *or* "valueDefault", but never both together. My experience is
that both are needed for things to work as expected. What do you think?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter