[TYPO3] CoolUriConf.xml - CALL FOR ALL to build a global XML

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Feb 4 09:32:04 CET 2008

Hi!

Andreas Becker wrote:
> We will see, but the goal is not to slow down TYPO3, but to speed up
> developing sites with cooluri.
>
> Let's try to get as much already existing stuff inside of this xml and then
> everybody can decide what he needs and what not. In this case deleting parts
> which aren't of use in a current installation is a much faster approach then
> always trying to reinvent a new xml. Also it will help to build an automatic
> configuration for CoolUri.

I would do it differently: an extension that can automatically analyze the system and build necessary xml from existing min-xml parts. May be a hook exists (or can be added) in EM to catch when extensions installed/uninstalled to see if xml has to be updated automatically. This would be perfect! No manual work at all.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team