[TYPO3] French charset

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 19:55:57 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

Long story short, my ISP did a change without telling
me, and at the time I thought there was something
wrong with my server, so I updated some packages and
ever since, the character display in my Typo3
installation is messed up, in particular on a French
site we host. What was once perfectly fine is now, for
example, looking like a word that displays like this:

d’événements

Now, at first this was happening with every site I
host - even the English ones. However, I added the
following to the config section of my TS:

config {
renderCharset = utf-8
}

... and the English sites reverted back to correct
rendering. But I still have the problem with the
French site. I've scoured the Internet and tried a
bunch of things, but I can't get the characters to
display properly with the special characters.

Can somebody PLEASE help?

Thanks!
-Scott.