[TYPO3-english] Advise needed – import many FF users

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Dec 30 18:14:05 CET 2008

Hi Jogvan,

Jogvan Olsen kirjoitti:
> I need to:
> - Import the users
> - Create password for each user
> - Send a E-mail to each user with his username, password and a link to
> the login page
>
> Is there a plugin (or a combination of plugins) that can solve this
> problem?

I don't know if there is one plugin for this, but there are
possibilities to combine.

I would consider for example:

1. Default (same) password for every user and the user has to change the
password after the first login
-> pk_check_default_pass (this is an old extension and don't know if it
works, but you might want to check it)

2. With for example tc_directmail you can easily send letters to the
whole group and make some dynamic fields into the letter (username). I
haven't yet installed the new tc_directmail, so I don't know if it is as
easy as the older ones.

There might be a better combination also of 1+2: if there is an
extension that generates the passwords automatically in "clear" language
and if this password could be generated as a dynamic field also in the
newsletter.

And of course you have to import the csv file with the usernames and
emails. There are many options for that too - if you are not comfortable
with phpmyadmin db fields importing you can use some extensions:
directmail or some csv importing extensions.

Just to give some ideas :)
- Katja