[TYPO3-english] RealURL: Combine [page path] and a part of [postVar] into one fixedPostVar

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Tue Dec 23 10:52:49 CET 2008

Ellou' people!

I'm still working with optimal RealUrl conf and I have quite fine
results for now, but I'd love to make urls yet shorter. I wonder if this
is possible to combine [page path] segment and few of [postVar] element
into one word?

example:

http://domain.loc/news-list/news-single/from_page/start-page/article/title.html

where:
   news-list/news-single/ is a [page path]

   from_page/start_page/ is backUID from ext
           (I know that can be shorted with fixedPostVars)

   article/title.html is a article UID

and in this case I would like to combine [page path] with backUID

news-list/news-single/from_page/start-page/ into:
start-page-news/

to fetch URL:
http://domain.loc/start-page-news/article/title.html

is that possible ?

I do not expect ready code of course, I need to understand that so I
need rather a clue :)

Thx!